My PhD is in statistical field theory and condensed matter physics. Currently, I work in evolutionary dynamics, evolutionary game theory and cancer evolution with Martin Nowak in Program for Evolutionary Dynamics.
Selected Publications (published/submission in process):
- K. Kaveh, M. C. Veller, M. A. Nowak (2016). Games of multicellularity. J Theor Biol. 2016, 403:143-58. PDF
- K. Kaveh, A. McAvoy, M. A. Nowak (2016). Evolution in heterogeneous and random environments.
- A. Mahdipour, K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2016). Phenotypic heterogeneity in modeling cancer evolution. PDF
- K. Kaveh, Yutaka Takahashi, Michael A. Farrar, Guy Storme, Marcucci Guido, Jamie Piepenburg, Jackson Penning, Jasmine Foo, Kevin Z. Leder, Susanta K. Hui (2016). Combination therapeutics of Nilotinib and radiation in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia as an effective method against drug-resistance.
- K. Kaveh, N. Komarova, M. Kohandel (2015). Duality of spatial death-birth and birth- death process and limitations of the isothermal theorem, Royal Society Open Science 11/2014; 2(4). PDF
- VSK Manem , K. Kaveh, Mohammad , M Kohandel, S, Sivaloganathan (2015) Modeling Invasion Dynamics with Spatial Random-Fitness Due to Micro-Environment. PLoS one 10.10 (2015): e0140234. PDF
- K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2015). Replicator dynamics of cancer stem cell: selection in the presence of differentiation and plasticity, Mathematical Biosciences. PDF
- K. Kaveh, V.S.K. Manem, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2014). Modeling Age Dependent Radiation Induced Second Cancer Risk and Estimation of Mutation Rate-An Evolutionary Approach. Rad. Environ Biophys. 2015 Mar;54(1):25-36. PDF
- K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2014). Moran –Type Models of Cancer Stem Cell; Importance of Differentiated Cell Population (preprint)
- A. Dhawan, K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2014). Stochastic Model for Tumour Control Probability: Effect of Cell Cycle and (A)symmetric Proliferation. Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling 2014, 11:49 . PDF
- M. Kennett, N. Komeilizadeh, K. Kaveh, P. Smith (2010). Bifringent Breakup of Dirac Fermions in a Square Optical Lattice, Phys.Rev.A:053636,2011. PDF
- K. Kaveh, I.F. Herbut. Chiral Symmetry Breaking in QED3 in Presence of Irrelevant Interactions: A Renormalization Group Study, Phys.Rev.B71:184519,2005. PDF
- K. Kaveh, Critical flavour number, Nc in four-fermion Dirac theories; a renormalization group study (submission in process Phys.Rev.B).
- K. Kaveh, Helicity modulus in layered bosonic systems; implications for high- temperature superconductors c-axis superfluid density (submission in process Phys.Rev.B).
- K. Kaveh, K. Chatterjee, M. A. Nowak. Localization transition and spatial evolution in random environments.
- K. Kaveh, J. Steidman, C. Veller, M. A. Nowak. Evolution of staying together in structured and unstructured populations.
- K. Kaveh, O. Hauser, M. A. Nowak. Local cooperation with future.
- K. Kaveh. Dynamics of stem cell hierarchy (review article) Current Stem Cell Reports (April 2017).
- Evolutionary Dynamics: Evolutionary graph theory. Evolutionary dynamics in random environments. Selection in hierarchal populations. Multi-level selection. Multi-stage branching processes. Evolution of phenotypic plasticity. Origin of life.
- Cancer evolution: Evolution of drug resistance. Multi-stage models of cancer evolution. Dynamics of stem cell. Evolution of tumor heterogeneity. Stochastic dynamics of metastasis. Second cancer.
- Game theory: Games on structured populations. Cooperation in heterogeneous environments. Coopeartion with future. Laguage games.
- Statistical Physics: Statistical physics of equilibrium and non-equilibrium systems. Renormalization group and phase transition in low-dimensional systems. Quantum phase transitions. Low-dimensional gauge-field theories.