- Evolutionary Dynamics and Game thoery. One of my main research interests is evolutionary dynamics and game theory. Focus of my research is to identify what forms of spatial, environmental or phenotypic structures, facilitate the process of natural selection. Such structures are known as amplifiers of selections. Our work in this field has applications to modeling cancer initiation on epithelial tissues, infectious disease dynamics and social networks among other things.
- Cancer evolution. In modeling cancer evolution, I focus on evolutoianry dynamical models that describes how microenvironmental factors can contribute to unwanted selection of malignanat types. Evolutioanry modeling of drug resistance in combination therapies and risk estimate for therpaies are among my other interests in this field.
- Statistical Physics. My interests in statistical phsyics are two fold. I have worked and studied quantum phase transitions, phase traistions in low-dimensional systems in th econtext of high temperature superconductivity and quantum computers. I also work on statistical models of living systems. This includes general statistical mechanical formualtion of evoltuioanry theoretical models.
K. Kaveh, A. McAvoy, M. A. Nowak (2017). The effect of spatial fitness heterogeneity on fixation probability. (Submitted). PDF.
K. Kaveh (2017). Stem cell evolutionary dynamics of differentiation and plasticity. Current Stem Cell Reports. (Invited author for special volume Mathematical Models of Stem Cell Behavior.) PDF
- A. Mahdipour, K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2017). Phenotypic heterogeneity in modeling cancer evolution. PLoS one. PDF
- K. Kaveh, Yutaka Takahashi, Michael A. Farrar, Guy Storme, Marcucci Guido, Jamie Piepenburg, Jackson Penning, Jasmine Foo, Kevin Z. Leder, Susanta K. Hui (2017). Combination therapeutics of Nilotinib and radiation in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia as an effective method against drug-resistance. PLoS Comp. Biology, July 6, 2017, doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005482.PDF
- K. Kaveh, M. C. Veller, M. A. Nowak (2016). Games of multicellularity. J Theor Biol. 2016, 403:143-58. PDF
- K. Kaveh, N. Komarova, M. Kohandel (2015). Duality of spatial death-birth and birth- death process and limitations of the isothermal theorem, Royal Society Open Science 11/2014; 2(4). PDF
- VSK Manem , K. Kaveh, Mohammad , M Kohandel, S, Sivaloganathan (2015) Modeling Invasion Dynamics with Spatial Random-Fitness Due to Micro-Environment. PLoS one 10.10 (2015): e0140234. PDF
- K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2015). Replicator dynamics of cancer stem cell: selection in the presence of differentiation and plasticity, Mathematical Biosciences. PDF
- K. Kaveh, V.S.K. Manem, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2014). Modeling Age Dependent Radiation Induced Second Cancer Risk and Estimation of Mutation Rate-An Evolutionary Approach. Rad. Environ Biophys. 2015 Mar;54(1):25-36. PDF
- K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2014). Moran –Type Models of Cancer Stem Cell; Importance of Differentiated Cell Population (preprint)
- A. Dhawan, K. Kaveh, M. Kohandel, S. Sivaloganathan (2014). Stochastic Model for Tumour Control Probability: Effect of Cell Cycle and (A)symmetric Proliferation. Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling 2014, 11:49 . PDF
K. Kaveh (2012). Chiral symmetry breaking in high-temperature superconductors and birefringent cold atoms, helicity modulus in layered bosons and phase diagram of superconductor-insulator transition. PDF
- M. Kennett, N. Komeilizadeh, K. Kaveh, P. Smith (2010). Bifringent Breakup of Dirac Fermions in a Square Optical Lattice, Phys.Rev.A:053636,2011. PDF
- K. Kaveh, I.F. Herbut. Chiral Symmetry Breaking in QED3 in Presence of Irrelevant Interactions: A Renormalization Group Study, Phys.Rev.B71:184519,2005. PDF
- K. Kaveh, Helicity modulus in layered bosonic systems; implications for high- temperature superconductors c-axis superfluid density (submission in process).
K. Kaveh, L. Hindersin, A. Traulsen, M. A. Nowak. Evolutionary dynamics on Cayley graphs.
K. Kaveh, J. Foo, K. Leder. Targeting stem cells with oncolytic viruses.
K. Kaveh, A. McAvoy, M. A. Nowak. Strategy plasticity in finite populations.
- K. Kaveh, O. Hauser, M. A. Nowak. Local cooperation with future.
K. Kaveh, M. Craig, A. Goldman. Frequency-dependent evolution of drug resistance in non-small cell lung cancer.